IT Service Manager (ITIL, Service Operations Management background)
IT Service Manager required on a permanent basis to work for the largest UK Investment Platform Services organisation based in Essex.
Why work for this leading UK Investment Platform organisation?
A FTSE 100 company and leading UK Investment Platform with numerous industry awards is now realising a true growth pattern and is looking to attract experienced specialists to take them to the next stage of success. Now is a great time to join a company that is set to increase its presence and success and which will allow you to build additional skills, experience and knowledge in a fast and evolving industry.
What will the key purpose of the IT Service Manager:
The purpose of this role is to provide a strong IT Service Management capability in line with the defined departmental strategy; ultimately providing business assurance and system stability whilst ensuring clear supplier accountability.
The role will be required to manage and maintain a number of key activities which may include; Supplier Management, Business Management, KPI and Management Information reporting, Incident & Problem management, Continual Service Improvement process as well as Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity management.
The role will also represent the both IT Service Management and the wider IT Operations department during regular engagement with the business and senior management.
The management of these primary and BAU activities will be managed through a team of Service Managers and Service Analysts based in Witham.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Strong Service Management background - particularly relating to Service Operation, but with in-depth knowledge and experience of Change, Release, Incident and Problem Management. Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent service to their customers.
• Strong analysis capability and ability to implement process definition, introduction and improvement. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to discuss technical information to non-technical staff
• Availability to participate in provide an out of hours on call Duty Manager service to the Business, third parties and overnight support teams
• A strong understanding of both the business and technology processes that support the Platform.
• A fundamental knowledge of ITIL processes and how they are applied within an IT Service management department.
• Understanding of change and risk management within a complex operational environment
• Experience of working in complex, large scale, Technology environments ideally within Financial Services
• Experience of operating in a fast-paced business environment with an emphasis on positive change and adaptive working practices. Flexible in approach to all aspects of the role, with self-planning and organizing skills to enable effective multitasking in a high pressure and high availability environment.
• Experience of engaging and building successful relationships with a broad range of stakeholders. You should have a proactive attitude and the initiative to anticipate customer needs.
• Awareness of formal Project Life Cycle methodologies
Relevant industry qualifications
• ITIL foundation
• Prince2 Foundation
• Further ITIL qualifications (desirable)
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.