Automation Test Manager
A FTSE 100 company and leading UK Investment Platform with numerous industry awards is now realising a true growth pattern and is looking to attract experienced specialists to take them to the next stage of success. Now is a great time to join a company that is set to increase its presence and success and which will allow you to build additional skills, experience and knowledge in a fast and evolving industry.
What will the key purpose of the Automation Test Manager?
As Automation Test Manager you will be responsible for the supervision, co-ordination and execution of all automated and release level regression testing. Development and maintenance of functional automated test.
• Development of new automated functional tests, supervision and co-ordination of the regression test suite and executions of regression tests, as required for each release.
• Estimation of effort and management of automated functional tests development for system test in IT project deliveries Work with all IT Delivery teams to understand what areas of the system may require automated regression testing as part of release specific testing and what expansion on the automated regression test suite coverage should be prioritised.
• Ensure that the automated regression test suite remains fit for purpose and up to date prior to executions.
• Effective utilisation of off shore test automation staff on test automation tasks. Management of process improvements, use of tools, training and knowledge transfer for test automation.
• Provision of management information on test automation key performance indicators and status of test automation tasks and any issue investigation/resolution. At all times act in accordance to all policies, with the FSA's Principles, Rules and Guidance and other relevant Legislation.
• Deliver processes and systems to ensure that a consistent, acceptable level of service is provided to customers, that complaints are handled fairly and that action is taken to reduce the causes of complaints and in line with Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy
What key skills & experience does the Automation Test Manager need to have:
Technical Knowledge and Skills
• Expert knowledge of test automation tools (Selenium Web driver, TOSCA, SOAP UI) and frameworks
• Test automation processes, tools and techniques
• Development and maintenance of test automation frameworks
• Regression test processes
• Project and Software development lifecycle
• Negotiation skills for positive outcomes and able to influence others
• Work effectively under pressure with conflicting priorities
• Communicate effectively at all levels, ability to challenge and support arguments and recommendations
• Able to understand and assess technical software defect and test environment issues
• Sound judgement and decision making skills, anticipating and identifying risks as well as implications of decisions
• Experience with Selenium Web driver, TOSCA.
• Experience in API testing using SOAP UI.
• Experience in Java language.
• Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and/or Deployment using Jenkins.
• Significant experience in the IT industry with extensive exposure to large scale application development and/or testing with Microsoft technologies
• Leadership of test automation tasks and projects.
• Leadership of automated regression test development, maintenance and execution.
• Proven experience at working in complex release schedules
• Testing experience across multiple project methodologies.
• Exposure to Waterfall and Agile delivery methods.
Please note your CV will not be submitted for this or any other role without your prior approval.
SQ Computer Personnel Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Not for you? Share with a friend
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! You can find the scheme terms and conditions here.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT Recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.